Pages

Tuesday 28 July 2015

BASKETMOUTH APOLOGISES TO D’BANJ AND DAVIDO






Popular Nigerian comedian, Basketmouth, who recently had his annual show ‘Basketmouth Uncensored’ 2015 in Houston, Texas, USA, has apologized to singer Davido and D’banj over the joke he cracked about them at his show.

The comedian was quoted as saying “The first award that they will nominate me for, that I really respected was that award (MAMA), I really love the fact that I was nominated.

“Technically, I do not look at awards to judge how much I’m good; My award is you people. For the fact that you guys are coming to watch me, I got this much award. Like around the world. You guys are awesome.

“When they were doing the awards, P-Square, they won like two awards, best duo, Best this one. D’Banj won; I don’t know why. Then Davido won above WizKid, which is quite strange, but it’s allowed.”

But the comedian has come out publicly apologise to the singers stating that he was taken out of context.

In his words, “D’banj and Davido, my sincere apologies for what I said, it was taken out of context, It was a build up to a joke and was edited to make it look like I was dissing you guys. I'm honestly sorry. One love guys. When I'm back from my tour, we meet up and drink up. Water.”




No comments:

Post a Comment