Pages

Tuesday 7 July 2015

How We Robbed Ikorodu Banks - Bank Robbers Confess (Photos inclusive)









Police, yesterday paraded four members of the armed robbery gang that attcked two banks in Ikorodu area of Lagos.

The robbers, who were paraded at the Lagos state police command, Ikeja, Monday afternoon, told journalists that they had been contacted by a certain Warri-based kingpin popularly addressed ‘million’ for the operation.

While narrating the incident, Agbojule Bright, 25, disclosed that ‘million’ called him for the operation and his role in the operation was to stand on the road and prevent policemen from disrupting their activities.

The graduate of English studies and CRS from the College of Education, Benin said: “I was caught after My friend, Akpan (also a member of the syndicate) called me and led me to the policemen.

“We used dynamite to open the vaults and all the guns we used for the operation were supplied by million. I could not get a job after leaving school so, I resorted to felling of trees in Ebute Metta area of Lagos state before I was being invited for the operation

“I am from Ese Odo local government area of Ondo state and this was my first time of going with them on the operation. I am married with two kids

He also confessed to have bought a jeep with the N2million that was his share from the robbery.

Speaking also to journalists was Monday Ikuesan, 37, who confessed to be a fisherman involved in bunkering within the area.
Ikuesan, a father of two, also stated that he got N180, 000 for his efforts in the robbery and has since ‘invested’ the money in getting kegs which he used for oil theft.

“I was accosted by some people and was forcefully asked to take them over the water or release my speedboat that was how I got involved.

“I am not a member of the gang. I was only involved in the Lekki robbery prior to the Ikorodu incident,” he explained soberly.

The police were able to retrieve the vehicles that the robbers bought with their share of the loot.

Another member of the gang, Monday Omoboye, while explaining his role in the robbery noted that Kakadu, another member of the gang, now at large, asked him to drive them out of the robbery scene, and that is what he always does for them.

He confessed further, saying: “Immediately after this last operation, I drove them into their creek in Ajegunle area of Ikorodu and was given about N2million as my share of the loot".

                                          
Contrary to reports which had earlier stated that the robbery incident was led by a lady with a tortoise on the neck and a big snake around her waist, the suspects say there was no lady amongs them.


“There were about 18 of us in the operation and there was no woman among us. Right now, I feel very sad about this incident, but there is nothing I can do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment