- Leo Messi is marrying childhood sweetheart Antonella Roccuzzo in Argentina
- Footballing stars from around the world have flown into Messi's hometown
- Security is tight with 450 police officers drafted in to cover the big day
- Reports in Argentina have claimed the wedding could be overshadowed by tensions in the family
- Messi dismissed speculation of a rift between the two women as 'nonsense'
- A friend added: 'The relationship between the families is really good, they get on well. Claims that they it is not are absolutely false.'
Lionel Messi, the world's greatest footballer, marries his childhood sweetheart today (left) in a lavish Argentinian ceremony (inset) but claims of a family rift threatened to overshadow the day. More than 250 friends and family - including some of football's biggest stars - have jetted to Argentina (right), 450 police officers are on duty and the bride's dress is said to have arrived from Spain on its own private jet accompanied by two bodyguards. But a source close to the Messi family told MailOnline that relations between his family and his fiancée Antonella Roccuzzo have been strained for nearly seven years. The Messi family dismissed reports of a feud between the families as 'nonsense'.