Pages

Monday 6 April 2015

I Was In A Cage For 16 Years, Says Jonathan







Abuja – Barely a month to his exit having lost the Presidential election, President Goodluck Jonathan, Sunday, reviewed his sojourn in government and declared that he has been in a cage for 16 years.

President Jonathan who bared his mind when the Christian community in Abuja paid him the traditional Easter homage said he has had enough and expressed gratitude to Nigerians for giving him the opportunity to serve.
While describing himself as one of the luckiest Nigerians today, President Jonathan said Nigerians had given him opportunity to serve the country in the last 16 years at different levels of leadership noting that he remained grateful to God and the people of the country for providing him with such privilege.


His words: “this Easter period coincides with when I’m leaving but I always say I’m one of the luckiest Nigerians. From 1999 I have been in the hands of government. I am yet to see somebody luckier than me.

“I was in the hands of governments for 16 years, not in government as a parliamentarian, because if you are in the National Assembly or state House of Assembly, you take care of yourself in your house. I was in a cage being taken care of by the government. But I think it is enough and I am happy, help me thank God for that”.



No comments:

Post a Comment