Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

JAY Z TALKS PAST AS DRUG DEALER




Jay Z has said that he got his business nous from drug dealing.
The hip-hop mogul said that selling crack cocaine on the streets of New York in the 1980s gave him skills he needs in his new role as a sports agent.

He told Vanity Fair magazine: "I know about budgets. I was a drug dealer. To be in a drug deal, you need to know what you can spend, what you need to re-up."
Jay Z, who has an 18-month-old daughter Blue Ivy with singer Beyonce, said he sold crack but never used it.

Asked whether he felt guilty he said: "Not until later, when I realised the effects on the community.
"I started looking at the community on the whole, but in the beginning, no. I was thinking about surviving. I was thinking about improving my situation. I was thinking about buying clothes."
The 43-year-old added: "At some point, you have to have an exit strategy, because your window is very small; you're going to get locked up or you're going to die," he said.

Jay Z also talked about his "biggest fan" Blue Ivy.
He said: "If no-one bought the Magna Carta (album), the fact that she loves it so much, it gives me the greatest joy. And that's not like a cliche. I'm really serious.
"Just to see her - 'Daddy song, more, Daddy.' She's genuine, she's honest, because she doesn't know it makes me happy. She just wants to hear it."
Asked whether Beyonce would still have been interested in him if he wasn't a celebrity, he said: "If I'm as cool as I am, yes. But she's a charming Southern girl, you know, she's not [easily] impressed..."

reference: belfasttelegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment