Pages

Thursday 3 October 2013

ALEX FERGUSON SAID NO TO COMING BACK AS HE AFFIRMS MOYES AS THE RIGHT MANAGER




In an interview with PBS (US TV network), Ferguson confirmed his belief David Moyes was the right man to replace him.

And clearly there will be no going back on that decision.

"I'm not interested in managing again or getting myself worked up about Manchester United's results," said the 71-year-old.

"You would be throwing your money down the drain if you put any money on me coming back as a manager.

"United are in good hands with David Moyes. He will be fine. He's a good manager.

"I made my decision. The timing was perfect. There is no way back for me now. I've got a new life.

"I want to go to the Kentucky Derby and the US Masters, the Melbourne Cup. I want to visit vineyards in Tuscany and France."

Besides, with United having given Moyes a six-year contract on Ferguson's recommendation, he is hardly likely to sanction a change so quickly after he spent 26 years in the job.


"I believe in building a football club rather than building a football team," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment