Pages

Thursday 15 June 2017

Ex-Ghana International Wins Divorce Case Against ‘Cheating Wife’







Ex-Ghana international, Nii Ordartey Lamptey has finally gained some respite after a suit filed by his ex-wife to claim 50% share of his assets was thrown out by an Accra High Court.
The legal battle which has lasted for the past four years was finally closed on Wednesday, with the court declaring that Odartey Lamptey’s ex-wife had engaged in ‘adultery’ after a DNA test proved that three of the couple’s children were not fathered by the former Anderlecht star.

The former wife of Odartey Lamptey, Gloria Appiah, in 2013 filed a divorce suit against the ex-Black Blacks striker, demanding for half of his assets.
However, the legal tussle has now been put to bed after Justice Cecelia Don-Chebe Agbevey declared that the suit lacked merits.
She was subsequently ordered to vacate the ex-footballer’s 7-bedroom apartment in East Legon within 30 working days.


The former Ghana international expressed relief following the ruling, while stressing on the fact that his toils were not in vain.
“I thank God for taking me through this fight successfully because I didn’t know how far I could go. I’m grateful that the toils that I have gone through for the past 21 years did not go in vain. Though I’ve lost a few properties, I’m very content that at the end of this case, I have retained most of them and I’m still alive too,” Odartey Lamptey is quoted as saying by Starrsportsgh.com.

He added that finding out his three children were not of his blood nearly led him into committing suicide.
“When I was informed that the [three] children were not mine, I know how I felt. Playing the role of a father to children I thought were mine for 21 years and realizing otherwise later, I nearly committed suicide. God gave me renewed energy and courage to withstand these pains and today, I can say I have gotten over them all.

“And today, with the final judgement, I thank God that my properties, my school and others I have kept them. She can take the little awarded her. Today the divorce has been granted and that burden that was on me is gone. Now, I’m a free and happy man, ready to start life again.”

The ruling will see Odartey Lamptey regain majority of the assets he lost, however, the court has decided to compensate his ex-wife with one of the ex-footballer’s properties located in Dodowa, as well as 40% of a GHC 500,000 cash as alimony.

Odartey Lamptey currently has two children with actress Ruweida Yakubu.

No comments:

Post a Comment