Pages

Sunday 19 August 2012

CELEBRITIES WHO REMARRIED AFTER SAYING NO TO MARRIAGE




Funny man Robin Williams wanted nothing to do with wedded bliss after his second marriage to Marsha Garces Williams ended after nearly 20 years. (His first marriage, to Valerie Velardi, ended in 1988 after 10 years of marriage.)

"No sir!" Williams said when asked about remarriage by the Daily Mail. "It's not just for the financial reasons. People would think twice about divorce if they had to give up a body part instead of half their fortune. You know, you see someone with one leg and one arm, and you say, 'Hi, Bill, is this your third marriage?' Let's not get to fourth marriages."

But the comedian ended up eating his words in October 2011, when he wed graphic designer Susan Schneider.


Halle Berry
After two divorces -- first from baseball player David Justice in 1996, then from singer Eric Benet in 2003 -- Halle Berry said she realized that she wasn't exactly marriage material.

"I wish I had known then that I was not the marrying kind," Berry told The Sun in April 2011. "It would have saved me a lot of time, heartache and grief over the years."

When news emerged that she was engaged to boyfriend Olivier Martinez a year later, the actress was the first person to remind us that she'd previously ruled out remarriage.

"Who knew? I swore it off, right? Never say never, people!" Berry told "Extra" in April 2012.


                                           
Bette Davis
When her marriage to Harmon "Ham" Nelson ended in 1938, screen legend Bette Davis was reportedly overheard telling a close friend, "I will never marry again. From now on, I am only interested in my career."

But the next year, Davis said "I do" again, this time to Arthur Farnsworth, a New England innkeeper. They remained married and final marriage, to actor Gary Merrill, lasted from 1950 to 1960.


Ricki Lake
After her 2003 divorce from Rob Sussman, Ricki Lake swore to friends that she'd never marry again, but no one seemed to remember that when she wed Christian Evans in April 2012.

"'Interestingly, no one in my life reminded me that I vowed never to tie the knot a second time -- and it didn't dawn on me, either," Lake said on her blog. "I think that says everything!"


Cybill Shepherd
Cybill Shepherd announced that she was engaged in July 2012. With two failed marriages in her past -- the first to David Ford and the second to Bruce Oppenheim -- Shepherd said she thought she'd never give wedded bliss another try.

"It was very romantic and on one knee," she said of fiancé, Andrei Nikolajevic's, proposal. "I never thought I'd get married again."



Reference:



No comments:

Post a Comment