Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

THE VAMPIRES DIARY 3: ARUNMA OTEH SPENT N30 MILLION ON HOTEL WITHIN 28 DAYS

Please why disturbing my life?...Is it not my right to take out of our  National Cake

When will these vampires stop sucking the wealth of this nation? It is disheartening to read and see the high level of mismanagement and corruption being perpetrated by the people that supposed to manage the wealth of the nation. Rather than helping the nation to witness and experience surplus and growth in gross national product they are creating deficit and bankruptcy for the nation thereby sending many to the land of abject poverty.
In recent time, the female office holders are becoming more greedy, callous and voracious with wealth sucking than their male vampire counterparts. This is evidence in this recent news regarding the DG of SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission), Arunma Oteh, who spent a whooping sum of N30 million for staying 28 days in a five star hotel with average meal of N85, 000.

Arunma Oteh defended herself against all allegations regarding her wasteful nature, stating that all spent were in accordance with the conditions and terms of her appointment as the Head of SEC.
 “When I arrived SEC on January 7, 2010, I was given the terms and conditions of my contract, which included options of getting rental allowance or a fully furnished and maintained official accommodation in a suitable location, befitting the status of DG,” Ms. Oteh said.
“The contract also talked about allowances in lieu of accommodation, including hotel accommodation for the first 28 days upon assumption of office and after. I preferred the option of having official accommodation. It also provided that hotel accommodation would continue to be provided after the first 28 days without limit until the official residence is ready for use.
“When I assumed duties, I was told I was entitled to four official vehicles – two saloons, one CRV and one jeep,” Ms. Oteh said. “But, today I am told I have one pool car in Abuja and Lagos. So, I have not even been given all the things that were in the terms and conditions of my contract I received from the SEC.

Ms Oteh accused members, particularly the chairman, of an attempt to tarnish her reputation, regardless of her credentials, restating her allegations earlier that the committee demanded a bribe of N39million from the Commission to organize the probe.
Mr. Hembe, she said, also asked for a personal tip of N5million cash, which she turned down.  
 “Is it fair, Honourable Chairman, that you would try to damage my own reputation, because I want to serve my country, because I am fighting to sanitize the Nigerian capital market? Is it fair on me as a Nigerian? Is it fair on the apex regulator? Is it fair on the Nigerian capital market? Is it fair given what we have done in the last two years to restore investor confidence?
She queried the credibility of Mr. Hembe, saying he was unfair to have insinuated her incompetence without consideration to her credentials as a 1984 first class computer science graduate from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, as well as the best graduating student in physical sciences in her year.
The big questions:
Can she spend her own hard earn money on hotel to a whooping sum of N N30 million within 28 days?
Is being a first class student tantamount to being a good leader/manager?
When will the public officer holders stop wasting the resources of this nation (Nigeria)?

Signature: D’Prince

2 comments:

  1. Sentiment apart. She did not steal. She got what she asked for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post will assist the internet visitors for creating new weblog
    or even a weblog from start to end.
    Also see my web page - Banja Vrujci

    ReplyDelete