Pages

Monday 21 November 2016

Curves Steal The Spotlight During LFDW



Curves steal the spotlight during LFDW



Lifestyle and fashion journalist Latasha Ngwube launched the About That Curvy Life platform to empower curvaceous women.

As a curvy female, the plus-size fashion advocate is all too aware of the stigma faced by the plus-size community in Africa, and is using her empowerment platform to start a much-needed conversation about body diversity. In a first, plus size models took to the runway at Lagos Fashion & Design Week held last month 2016.


"We're getting a foot in the door. People have to see plus fashion in a way they never have before," Ngwube told CNN. "You can become that which you desire if you believe that you deserve to be considered beautiful."
The show took place after much lobbying to Lagos Fashion Week explains Ngwube. Not knowing what to expect, the plus-size models took to the runway, strutting designs from up-and-coming designers.
"I snuck into the crowd and was watching the girls go," recalls Ngwube. "I was looking at people standing, screaming, clapping and I started to cry. I was shaking and crying in the crowd, I couldn't contain it.

"I wish I could bottle that feeling and just sip on it every day of my life."



No comments:

Post a Comment