Pages

Saturday 23 January 2016

‘Whites Don’t Get BET Nominations’: Donald Trump Slams Blacks Over Oscars Boycot







In an interview on TV show “Fox and Friends”,U.S presidential candidate, Donald Trump has expressed his opinion on about celebrities boycotting the 2016 Oscars over the lack of black nominees..
Trump, along side Stacey Dash, shared his opinion on when both guests had been asked about their thoughts on celebrities boycotting the Oscar awards because the blacks had not been nominated for 2 years in a row.

“I think it’s a tough situation. I think it’s really sad, I saw somebody on your show today say, ‘Well, what do we do with BET?


He then mentioned Fox News contributor Stacey Dash’s earlier comments on the show
“The whites don’t get any nominations, and I thought it was an amazing interview, actually. I’ve never even thought of it from that standpoint.”
“I saw someone on your show today saying, ‘Well, what do we do with BET, Black Entertainment?’ Right?”
“The whites don’t get any nominations.”
“And I thought it was an amazing interview actually. I never even thought of it from that standpoint,”

Stacey Dash, had called out Black Entertainment Television (BET) during the interview for giving awards to mostly black people. Speaking during the interview, she said:

“I think it’s ludicrous, because we have to make up our minds.

“Either we want to have segregation or integration. If we don’t want segregation, then we need to get rid of channels like BET and the BET Awards and the Image Awards, where you’re only awarded if you’re black. If it were the other way around, we would be up in arms. It’s a double standard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment