Pages

Sunday 2 August 2015

Former Minister Stole $9.3bn, Not $6bn - MKO Abiola's Wife Insists





One of the wives of iconic late politician, Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale (MKO) Abiola, Queen Zainab Duke-Abiola, has corrected the statement made by Governor of Edo state, Adams Oshiomhole about the thievery of a former minister.

Queen Zainab Duke-Abiola revealed that a former Nigerian minister stole $9.3billion not $6billion as claimed by Adams Oshiomhole.

Mrs. Duke-Abiola, the Akasoba of Kalabari land in the Niger Delta, stated further that she had evidence from the White House to prove the claims.

She made the comments during an interview with The Nation.

Mrs. Duke-Abiola said:

“According to the information available to us, the minister stole more than $9 billion; not Australian dollars, but US dollars. And what I am saying is that the money should be used to develop the Niger Delta. Use this to help the impoverished Niger Deltans.

“My relationship with White House is over 30 years. Americans are very eager to make sure that the money gets back. They want Nigeria to use that money for education.”

“Oshiomhole said it’s about $6 billion. Information available to me states that the minister and her associates siphoned away $9.3 billion. I’m watching the game that they’re playing. If they don’t publish the evidence, I have document to support this.”

“If Buhari is not sure of his fact and figures, he should go back to Washington DC. If I read in the papers that they say $9 billion, I would keep quiet. But why are they saying only $6 billion?”

“Some people said that much money couldn’t have been stolen. I was one of those who didn’t believe. When they gave me the document, I was shocked. I have sent it to the appropriate Niger Delta elders. So, we know that nobody is accusing anybody wrongly.”


Oshiomhole had alleged on Monday, July 27, 2015, that information on the stolen money was given to President Muhammadu Buhari by a US official.

No comments:

Post a Comment