Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

TIGER WOODS DREAMS OF ANOTHER RYDER CUP






Despite not been in good form lately, Tiger Woods still believe he has a role to play at this year’s Ryder Cup. However, he was of the opinion that he needs to really convince the United States Ryder’s cup captain Tom Watson in order to be considered for a place in the team.

When interviewed about the forthcoming Ryder Cup and his inclusion, Woods said: "I would say yes, but that's my position, my take on it.
"He's the captain (Tom Watson), obviously it's his decision. He's going to field the best 12 players that he thinks will win the cup back, and I hope I'm on that team."

Woods has been a wildcard pick before, in 2010 when Corey Pavin added him to his side for the competition at Celtic Manor.


The 38-year-old said: "I was coming off an injury as well there with my Achilles, and I sat out for most of the summer.

"I felt like I was able to contribute to the team and that's all you want as a pick, you want someone who can contribute to the team, whether it's in support or it's in play. I did it then and hopefully I can actually earn my way on to this team."


Woods hoping to improve in coming weeks at the Bridgestone Invitational – which he won last year – and the US PGA Championship at Valhalla.


© Prince Adetunji

No comments:

Post a Comment